Thursday, March 1, 2012

Indian Curry Salmon and Grilled Vegetables with Lime Coconut Sauce

Grilled Indian Curry Salmon and Grilled Vegetables with Lime, Coconut Sauce



It was absolutely gorgeous outside today!  I had an Indian- style dish in mind for our Salmon, tonight.  It included broiling the Salmon and sauteing the vegetables, but the weather was absolutely conducive of grilling and relaxing outside.  So, I made a quick change in recipe plans, which is always easy when it comes to grilling.  If you don't have a grill basket, I recommend you purchase one.  Vegetables just taste so much better with the kiss of an open flame.  Honestly any vegetable with a little olive oil, salt and pepper taste fantastic when grilled! 



So, I drizzled the salmon with olive oil, sprinkled on some Indian- style Curry powder, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of lime juice.


Meanwhile, I removed the tough ends of the asparagus, sliced the red peppers in about 1/2 inch slices, and sliced the mushrooms in three... they were large mushrooms, though, so if you have small ones you may want to halve them.  I drizzled the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  I tossed to coat, and placed them in a grill- basket.  If you don't have a grill- basket just saute or oven roast!

As always I put Josh on grill duty, because I have been blessed with a grill savvy husband.  I have very rarely had an under- or- over cooked piece of meat from him.  The man can grill anything to perfection! I had him place thinly sliced Feta Cheese on top of the fish at the last minute... perfect addition!  Anyone that says cheese and fish don't go together has never tried this combination!  The saltiness of the cheese counteracts the spiciness of the Curry, while magnifying the sweet and citrus flavor of the the sauce!  Perfection!  While he was grilling I made this Coconut- Lime sauce to complement both the fish and vegetables.

Coconut- Lime Sauce:

1 T. Coconut Oil
2 tsp.  Ginger, minced
2 clove  Garlic, minced
3/4 c. Coconut milk(canned, stirred)
2 tsp. Lime zest
3 T. Lime juice
1 1/2 tsp. Fish sauce
1 T. Agave Nectar
3 T. Cilantro, chopped

I melted the coconut oil over medium heat.  Once melted,  I added the ginger and garlic; sauteing until fragrant.  I added the coconut milk, lime zest and juice, fish sauce, and Agave nectar before the ginger and garlic had a chance to burn. I let this slow boil until reduced to about half.  Once reduced I took it off of the heat, added the Cilantro, and let it set.


This sauce was a perfect drizzle for both the Salmon, and the vegetables.  Just remember, Coconut milk and oil is super healthy for you!  If you haven't explored the benefits of this super- food, do so!  Dr. Mercola has a wonderful site dedicated to coconut oil!  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2001/03/24/coconut-oil-part-one.aspx

When I plated this dish, I drizzled the tangy, salty, sweet, delicious sauce over the grilled vegetables and Salmon.  Mmm...Mmm....Mmm! This dish is the perfect example of simple, gourmet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment